make be love see taste subscribe

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Make it...



Crepe paper flower pomanders


Here's what you'll need:
Styrofoam balls
Crepe paper streamers in whatever colors you choose
LOTS of hot glue sticks and a glue gun
a roll of tape
and a measuring stick

I measured my crepe paper strips at 60cm, and ripped a BUNCH at that length, so I wouldn't have to keep stopping, to rip more
Once that was done... and my glue gun was nice and hot, I started in on my flower makin'!
First I crumpled the strips up, to make them softer and more fabric looking...
Then I straighted them out....
And began to roll. Start small... and then get a little looser. Like a real rose.
About 4 or 5 turns in, I would put a dot of glue on the end, by my thumb, to keep this part from unraveling. I did this periodically through each flower at a couple turns, to make sure that the flower didn't just fall apart, once I was done.
I would wind the paper around the middle base roll, and twist at the same time. So it looked MORE like a rose and LESS like a cinnamon roll.
This is SO easy! But a little time consuming. Be patient with the first few flowers. It takes a couple to get it down. But once you do... you'll fly through them!
At the end of the flower. I would just gather the end piece of crepe paper and then add a dab of glue to the outside of the flower, itself, and stick it on the edge.
Set it down... and let the glue do it's magic!
So fun, right!?
Seriously, you CAN'T mess these up! I had some flowers that I was like "Ew.. that looks awful" and some that I LOVED and thought looked like the REAL thing! And now that the whole thing is together... you can't tell one from the other!
After I had a few flowers done, I would start putting them on the ball.
A little puddle of hot glue on the ball, lightly press the flower on... and you're good to go!
I used a roll of tape to help keep my ball from rolling around on the table. It was a LIFE SAVER!
Make sure not to put the flowers TOO close together. Or they'll start to look crowded.
After they were all done,
I hung them up and
Wa-la!


Bookmark and Share


0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you, leave your thoughts here!

Regards,
The Boutique Markets Team