make be love see taste subscribe

Thursday, October 8, 2009

inside out - heart on your sleeve

For this month’s edition of Inside Out, I have chosen to feature the talented and always present Tennille from Heart on Your Sleeve. While Tennille has two young and vibrant children, she is making a real go of her successful business as a stay at home Mum, giving her the flexibility to nurture and find balance with a couple of her passions.

1. What are the 3 most important things you do to prepare for market day?

Making sure I have plenty of stock made up, email my customer database to let them know of the upcoming market, and making sure my Eftpos machine is fully charged!


2. Where do you draw your inspiration from to be creative?

I find inspiration in many ways, from my children, the latest fashions, the current season or gorgeous fabrics. Some of my creations have also been inspired by my lovely customers, like the time a little 4 year old girl asked me for a hair bow that had her favourite colours - purple, green and yellow!


3. What do you like to do to relax?

Listen to music, read books, taking the kids (and dog) for a walk to the park.

4. Tell us something other than your craft that you feel passionate about?

I'm quite passionate about awareness of Post Natal Depression. Having suffered from PND myself, I understand the importance of making Mothers aware of the help that is available to them and to let them know it's nothing to be ashamed of and they're not alone.

We thank Tennille for sharing her personal story with us and wish her well in her future with boutique markets. Come down to view all she has on offer.

1 comments:

beachvintage.com said...

I love those little fabric coloured buttons.

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you, leave your thoughts here!

Regards,
The Boutique Markets Team