make be love see taste subscribe

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

the simple times....

New Idea, October 5, 1960

So on a recent indulgent day out for me on a Tuesday, the only day I have without my 3 boys (freedom if only for a day!), I visited the Woolloongabba Antique Centre for a visit and a purely relaxing stroll and journey of discovery. The variety of goods for sale was amazing....from antiques, to retro, to unusual, and some just plain weird, with a lovely mix of some newer items as well.

I would imagine you could not walk away and not have found something even if it was something as simple as a New Idea magazine from 1960. For just $8 I could not resist, as I quickly flicked through the pages, I found myself chuckling at the articles, admiring the patterns and their timeless elegance, and the advertisements, well they are what sold me, and I had just had to have it!!!


The above article in particular I thought was ever so relevant for us being the Boutique Markets...I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!!



Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you, leave your thoughts here!

Regards,
The Boutique Markets Team