make be love see taste subscribe

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

buy - a few words from madeit

I don't know about you, but I love knowing the story behind an idea. I think knowing someone's background connects you with them and their vision, and I thought I'd share with you some background on one of our partners madeit.....

A few words from the founder Bec Davies

Who is the founder of madeit.com.au?
Madeit was founded by myself and my partner Jayc in July 2007. I studied photography after high school, worked in the field then move to London and returned to study graphic design. I’m a thirty something handmade lover. I love going to the markets, I’m addicted to the internet, I love to create, bake & garden.

When did madeit start?
Madeit first started out as a directory of my favourite independent sellers in late 2006. Evidence of the array of talent in Australia led me to launch an affordable e-commerce store solely for handmade goods. The madeit.com.au online shop opened in mid 2007.
What was your inspiration for madeit?
As a photographer, graphic designer, crafter and market seller I have always been interested in all things handmade & independent. I love buying unique, small run, handmade goodies. I wanted a place on the internet where all these things were in one place. Hence why I started the directory, a google search for independent designers in 2006 was like finding a needle in a haystack and at that time there were no simple directories that listed independent designers.

As the directory grew we thought it was time to take the next step and open the shop. We have been overwhelmed by the amount of talent in Australia and madeit is solely about showing this talent to Australia and a broad.

What is the best thing about running madeit?
Watching sellers grow their businesses and seeing sellers make their first sale. I also love that there is a group of people who have a common interest yet they reside in different corners of Australia and come together as one big handmade family. Getting feedback from our buyers & sellers is also one of the best things about running madeit.

What's the most challenging?
Keeping up with our ideas for new features is the most challenging!
What does the future hold for madeit?
Madeit's goal is to keep growing and build a community that is friendly, inspiring and rewarding for all its members, sellers & buyers.

you can visit madeit, here

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you, leave your thoughts here!

Regards,
The Boutique Markets Team