make be love see taste subscribe

Thursday, February 11, 2010

inside out - wimcee

…and here we are in February already. For this month’s inside out feature, the very creative Stephanie from Wimcee has obliged and shared some of her story, so enjoy…

What are the 3 most important things you do to prepare for market day?
Iron, pack, and remember the head-ache tablets! I am not the most organised marketeer around, but I do enjoy set-up…although never entirely sure how my stall will turn out or if I've got everything that I should have with me.

Where do you draw your inspiration from to be creative?
I've been a painter (oils and pastels) for 30+ years which has always been about colour, pattern and shape, so when I sew the same things apply. I am attracted to ethnicity…patterns or styles that have an historic cultural language…and to fabrics that are evocative. That's the straight side of it, but really I just have a lot of fun, particularly putting together some of the more extreme aprons, and what I love is that customers are so often on a shared wavelength.

What do you like to do to relax?
Sew…! (It’s very calming). I like cooking and casual entertaining, and we do short breaks as a couple (this is the domain of those with grown-up kids) which I love every minute of because I'm allowed lots of pottering around galleries and craft shops and markets by a very kind, very bored husband, who in return gets to choose hiking destinations and music events.

Tell us something other than your craft that you feel passionate about?
Family - my three sons, my mum and dad, siblings, nieces and nephews, and now my new great-nephew and great-niece. Also the occasional really indulgent breakfast.

So there it is another insight into some of the more personal stories of our wonderful retailers at boutique markets. With Stephanie’s strong love of family and her creative flair and passion for colour and design, you will find many treasures upon her tables and racks…

Leasl

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you, leave your thoughts here!

Regards,
The Boutique Markets Team