make be love see taste subscribe

Thursday, May 20, 2010

inside out - Earthly Jewels


What are the 3 most important things you do to prepare for market day?

To prepare for market day I always like to get a good nights sleep - but unfortunately sometimes this doesn't happen because fearing the alarm won't go off.
Also I always may sure I have everything I need - tablecloths, signs, business cards, lunch and a smile packed for a big day.

Where do you draw your inspiration from to be creative?

I love things a little different. All my jewellery pieces are basically a one off piece. I am never able to make two the same way. I usually get on a roll when I start
making some new jewellery and alot of it starts off with a particular colour. I may do 3 black pieces and the move into say some red ones. I have always loved
chunky jewellery. Something that stands out when you wear ja simple plain coloured top. I love mixed media jewellery which I am able to take inspiration from
in my pieces - wool, polymer clay, beads, shells and fabric. All these different combinations always brings out something different.
What do you like to do to relax?

As funny as it sounds I love to relax by getting into the craft room and creating something. Once I get on a roll, I just switch off and suddenly look
at the clock and it could be midnight. Definitely after a long week at the office my craft space helps me chill out.

Is this your full time job, if not what else do you do?

I wish this was my full time job - maybe someday. I am a secretary from Monday to Friday and with a wonderful Husband, 4 step-children and my craft
keeps me pretty busy. I also love spending time with my parents, my brother and his wife and my 3 beautiful nieces.

Where do you want to be with your business in the next 5 years?

I would love to have a full-time jewellery business, but for the moment I am happy just to see the looks and wonderful comments from my customers when
they find something that is a little different and they really appreciate. Jewellery doesn't have to be expensive to make someone feel special.

Tell us something interesting about yourself (not related to your business) that we never would have guessed.

As much as I enjoy making my original pieces I must admit I am a little addicted to Masterchef at the moment. Love watching them cook and getting new
ideas. The only trouble is that my Husband is always to first to try them out and sometimes they are nothing like what I saw on television - but i like to give it a go.
Also besides the long flights and little leg room we love Italy.

visit Earthly Jewels on the Boutique Markets website,
or catch up on what Julie's been up to via her gorgeous blog.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you, leave your thoughts here!

Regards,
The Boutique Markets Team