make be love see taste subscribe

Thursday, June 17, 2010

inside out - baby bird clothing

I asked Katie from Baby Bird Clothing a few questions above her craft, her loves and her life...

What are the 3 most important things you do to prepare for market day?
Sandbags, change for that early morning coffee and sleep! I always end up staying up late and doing some last minute sewing the night before market day.

Where do you draw your inspiration from to be creative?
My inspiration comes from the simple things really. My kids and the world around them. Scouring op shops and fabric stores. Often I will buy fabric before I know what it will become.

What do you like to do to relax?
I used to sew to relax, but now that it's my business, it's not so relaxing anymore! Walking the dogs is a good one. Or just a cup of tea on the lounge at night with my husband

Tell us something other than your craft/work that you feel passionate about?
I am one of those crazy dog people. I'm really passionate about putting an end to puppy farms by buying dogs only from ethical, registered breeders or reputable rescue organisations. Using dogs as breeding machines in horrific living conditions for the pet shop trade is disgusting.

Is this your full time job, if not what else do you do?
Baby Bird has been my life for 3 years now, since my first son was born and I struggled to find clothes that I liked for him. It's not full time, but I am a stay at home mum as well. Before then, I worked in Animal Ethics.

Where do you want to be with your business in the next 5 years?
I would love to grow Baby Bird to a point where it could provide enough income for me to continue with it full time. It would be amazing to do what I love and be paid for it!

Tell us something interesting about yourself (not related to your business) that we never would have guessed.
I have two new loves - Photography and Roller Derby. Both are so much fun.

visit Baby Bird Clothing website, here
or become a fan on their Facebook page, here

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you, leave your thoughts here!

Regards,
The Boutique Markets Team