make be love see taste subscribe

Thursday, June 24, 2010

inside out - ruby and belle

What are the 3 most important things you do to prepare for market day?
Sew, sew and sew

Where do you draw your inspiration from to be creative?
Fabrics, magazines, shops. I love taking an idea like a metal birdcage and creating something purely handmade.


What do you like to do to relax?
I like to sew to relax. Listen to music and read other blogs. It keeps me inspired to hear other people who are passionate about what they do.


Tell us something other than your craft/work that you feel passionate about?
I have a degree in Textile Design, this is something I love and would like to explore more in the future. I have a passion for home wares and interior design.

Is this your full time job, if not what else do you do?
My full time job is being a Mum, Sewing I fit in when ever I can.


Where do you want to be with your business in the next 5 years?
In five years I plan to have a shop selling furnishings and home wares.

Tell us something interesting about yourself (not related to your business) that we never would have guessed.
Before I married and had children I was a Bridal Designer and shop owner.

Thanks Mekaela!
You can visit Mekaela at her brand new website Ruby and Belle, or read what she's been up to on her blog

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you, leave your thoughts here!

Regards,
The Boutique Markets Team