make be love see taste subscribe

Thursday, July 1, 2010

inside out - Nikky E Photography


What are the 3 most important things you do to prepare for market day?

I always re-stock, that is the 1st thing. I’m always thinking of new ways to sell my images and they need to go through the process of being ready. The 2nd thing is pack the car correctly. Everything needs to be packed right so I don’t waste time when I unpack for the set up. The 3rd thing is don’t put my alarm on snooze in the morning when I get up. Cold winter mornings are hard but it’s harder if I have less time and have to rush around while trying to be very quiet at home.

Where do you draw your inspiration from to be creative?

There is an obvious one travel and culture. Its inspiring experiencing a different place and learning things about their history. I’ve also always found music to be a big part of my creativeness as well.

What do you like to do to relax?

I drink tea. I find holding something warm is very calming. People who know me well know that I do like my tea :)

Tell us something other than your craft/work that you feel passionate about?

I do believe in things and support things like everyone but being asked this question I don’t think there is anything that I’m extremely passionate about other than my photo’s and traveling. That’s my thing.


Is this your full time job, if not what else do you do?

Unfortunately, this is not my full time job but I would love it to be. I work with a talent agency and have done waitressing jobs at events.


Where do you want to be with your business in the next 5 years?

I would like to be doing what I do full time in 5 years time with my work appreciated by many all over the world. Wouldn’t that be great! My work sold in countries that I’ve experienced and photographed! I also would love to be commissioned on photographic projects that appear in fashion and travel magazines, photograph a famous person’s portrait and one day own my own studio.

Tell us something interesting about yourself (not related to your business) that we never would have guessed.

My family has a Chinese background on my mother’s side. My great grandfather was Chinese.

Thanks Nikky!

visit Nikky on our website here, or pop over to her website and whisk yourself away to a foreign land through her photography


Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you, leave your thoughts here!

Regards,
The Boutique Markets Team