make be love see taste subscribe

Thursday, July 8, 2010

inside out - the paper tie affair

inside out : The Paper Tie Affair

What are the 3 most important things you do to prepare for market day?

Spend loads of late nights with my dear friend Cadbury and make as much stock as possible, pack the car and check it twice, get a super early night because 6am and I do not get along!

Where do you draw your inspiration from to be creative?
One of my new year’s resolutions was to take one day out of every month to spend meandering through all the art galleries, libraries and creative spaces that Brisbane has to offer, so far so good! I feel totally inspired after a day out with the masters! My family and friends also provide great inspiration on a regular basis.

What do you like to do to relax?
Relax??? I’m a self-confessed work-a-holic! Although I do try to spend as much time as possible near or in the water – there is nothing quite like the sound of the ocean to calm the soul.

Tell us something other than your craft/work that you feel passionate about?
Live music and the Australian Music Industry is a big part of my life. Music is such a powerful tool and is responsible for bringing so many large and varied groups of people together for some really great causes. I have a song for just about every memory.

Is this your full time job, if not what else do you do?
The Paper Tie Affair is a part time venture, however, I am lucky enough to work for myself full time running a promotional merchandise and printing company called Rippin Threads.

Where do you want to be with your business in the next 5 years?
Hmm 5 years . . . ideally I would like to be working “on” my business not “in” my business from the comfort of my seaside penthouse. We have big plans for the next 5 years and are big believers that anything is possible when you put your mind to it!

Tell us something interesting about yourself (not related to your business) that we never would have guessed.
Interesting fact: I have an 82 year old pen pal whom I have never met . . .

visit the paper tie affair online
facebook web madeit


Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you, leave your thoughts here!

Regards,
The Boutique Markets Team