make be love see taste subscribe

Monday, October 4, 2010

Guest Blogger - Helen Thomas





Creativity: food for the soul

Every market day, and every time I visit this blog, I’m inspired by the creativity of those who contribute to the Boutique Markets. Although I express my creations a little differently on market day, I too love to indulge in my own creative outlets when I’m not giving readings. For me, I love writing, all things stationery and singing (but only ever in my own company!).

My psychic readings frequently focus on the importance of creativity. All too often my pleas for people to entertain their creative urges are met with cries of: “Oh, I don’t have a creative bone in my body.”Let me assure you, you do. We are all creative beings. We each have the power to create in our life (although, I’ll save this for discussion on manifestation for another blog post).
You are already expressing yourself creatively—in the way you decorate your home, the way you dress or the way you style your hair. For some, this creative expression spills into the design of beautiful artworks, jewellery, pottery, plays, books, music and more. For others, the realisation they are creative is not an easy one. No matter what you are drawn to, it is important to entertain your creative notions.

Some people seem to get caught up with the idea of the end product of their creativity. They don’t consider themselves overly artistic, for example, because their finished product may not win them any accolades. For others, fear limits the creative process and they convince themselves there is ‘more important’ work to be done.
However, when it comes to your soul, being creative is important work.
Creativity is for your soul what food is to your body.





Pursuing creative outlets helps your soul to sing, to feel alive and simply, to feel good. Ever lost yourself in a project only to realise hours have passed you by? Working creatively automatically takes you out of your logical mind and helps you connect with your inner self. In doing so, you are more likely to hear your own intuition more clearly and find innovative answers to the questions you’re currently asking in your life. The ability to switch the mind off and escape is just as beneficial as meditation in relaxing the body and reducing the ‘mind chatter’.

Not so long ago, I was at a loss to recognise my creative self. So, for six months I simply trawled through blogs such as this and tore out pictures in magazines, collecting images of other people’s creativity. I was simply inspired by their creations and it was enough to speed up my own creative process. It really doesn’t matter what creative work you do, it matters that you do it.

Still don’t think you’re creative? Take up the challenge to find whatever it is that makes your heart sing—then commit time each day, or each week, to enjoying it. Don’t forget, the Law of Attraction brings you what you focus your intention and energy on. So, focusing your attention on something that makes you feel alive, or feel good, can only help bring you more opportunities to experience that feeling.
So, get creative!

Helen

http://www.helensreadings.com/

http://www.helensreadings.com/blog/





Bookmark and Share



0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you, leave your thoughts here!

Regards,
The Boutique Markets Team