- 115g dark chocolate
- 55g butter
- 4 free-range eggs, separated and at room temperature
- 70g icing sugar
- 300ml double cream
- Place the chocolate and butter in a large bowl and melt over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Set aside to cool a little.
- Add the egg yolks to the chocolate mixture, then stir in the icing sugar.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. In a separate bowl, whisk the double cream until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed.
- Fold the double cream carefully into the chocolate mixture then fold that mixture into the egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into a serving bowl, cover with cling film and transfer to the fridge for a minimum of 12 hours.