We had this yummy Apple Tart out and about last week, and went straight home to try and make something similar - here's what we came up with!!
- Melted butter, to grease
- 1 sheet (25 x 25cm) ready-rolled butter puff pastry (Pampas brand), partially thawed
- 1 50g pkt almond meal
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked
- 1 large golden delicious apple, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
- 85g (1/4 cup) apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Brush a baking tray with melted butter. Place pastry sheet on greased tray and cut a 2cm border around sheet, only cutting half-way through. Combine almond meal, sugar, cinnamon and egg white, and spread evenly over pastry. Top with an overlapping layer of apples. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until apples are tender and pastry is crisp.
- Meanwhile, melt jam in a small saucepan over low heat. Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl. Brush evenly over apples and pastry. Cut apple tart into quarters. Cut each quarter in half diagonally and serve immediately.