- 3 bacon rashers, rind removed, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 desiree potato, peeled, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1L (4 cups) beef stock
- 1 300g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 425g can rich and thick finely chopped tomatoes
- 40g (1/2 cup) 3-minute rollini pasta
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- Place the bacon, carrots, celery, potato and garlic in a large saucepan and stir to combine. Cook over high heat, uncovered, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Add the beef stock, red kidney beans and tomatoes to the pan, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Increase heat to high. Add pasta and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into serving bowls and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately with crusty bread.