- 600g heart smart beef mince
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup passata
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cup tasty or cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed and chopped
- Hard and/or soft tacos shells
- Salsa, to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat a large non-stick frypan over high heat. Add mince and cook until browned. Break up large pieces with a spoon. Add cumin, paprika, oregano leaves and salt and pepper. Mix well to combine, then add passata.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Add some water if the mixture becomes too thick. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
Heat taco shells in the oven for 5 minutes (wrap soft shells in aluminium foil).Place warm shells on a serving platter, offer all the toppings in small bowls and let the kids choose what they want in their taco. A messy, but fun meal for everyone!