- I Cup Flour
- 2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 3/4-1 Cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Oil (for cooking)
- Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl, in a separate small bowl combine the eggs, 1/2 cup of the milk and vanilla essence. Whisk the milk mixture into the dry ingredients until combined, keep adding more milk until you get a nice thin batter (like a thin cream). Strain the mixture to remove any lumps and rest in the fridge covered for 15-20 minutes (resting the batter will give you a smoother softer crepe).
- 2Remove the mixture from the fridge, it may seem to be a little thicker than when you put it in, add 1 tbsp of milk or so to get it back to the correct consistency.
- 3Lightly oil a non stick fry pan or crepe pan, around 18-20cm or so (use some grease proof paper or heat proof brush to apply the oil, it will give you a more even coating).
- 4Once the pan is hot add one ladle of the mixture to the fry pan, rotate the pan around in a circular motion to get an even spread of the mixture over the fry pan. After about 30-45 seconds (depending on pan heat) flip the crepe using a spatula (To help tell well the crepe is ready to flip the very outsides will start to curl), allow another 20-30 seconds then remove from the pan (slide them off the fry pan so the smooth side is up). Once cooked the crepes should be a light golden colour, it will be soft and fluffy.
- 5There you have it, a basic sweet crepe ready to be filled or coated with what ever you like. Jam, stewed apple, berry compote, or just freshly squeezed lemon juice and lemon, there is no limit.