make be love see taste subscribe

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

FAB FINDS, from over the seas....

I fell in love instantly with these gorgeous creatures lovingly created by Chicago based designer and Feltadermist Girl Savage. Felt is her favorite material for her whimsical animal creations. Loving the warmth of felt fabric and how it appeals texturally to her eye, these little feltidermy and plush creatures appeal to the impish child side of my personality.

Hand stitching allows me to connect and bond with my work and makes me feel as if I'm molding and breathing life into my animals while I'm creating. Kinda like Geppetto!
You can purchase Girl Savage's creations at girlsavage.etsy.com.
Also, check out her blog which shows the inspiration behind her fabulous creations girlsavage.wordpress.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you, leave your thoughts here!

Regards,
The Boutique Markets Team