make be love see taste subscribe

Thursday, May 27, 2010

inside out - Salsa Designs


this weeks inside out focuses on Alex from Salsa Designs

What are the 3 most important things you do to prepare for market day?


Present something that is different and unique, make sure I also take something that has been a popular design and make sure Rafter, the salsa dancing dog is rested and groomed for his show.

Where do you draw your inspiration from to be creative?

From people, their personalities, their precious memories, photos or ideas. They give me their inspirations and I create sensational custom canvas art for them. My techniques are based on current trends with a twist of experimentation and boldness. I keep a few scrapbooks with international design trends and inspirations.


What do you like to do to relax?

A Saturday cinema session or a leisurely stroll through a garden or bushwalk with a camera, music & cocktails.

Tell us something other than your craft/work that you feel passionate about?
I have family here in Australia and scattered all over Europe and South America, I am an uncle and great uncle and keeping ties at such distances is something you have to be passionate about and makes me happy.

Where do you want to be with your business in the next 5 years?

I want to be in the UK, experiencing a new culture and bringing my work and services to that part of the world.

you can visit Salsa Designs website, here, or the blog, here.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you, leave your thoughts here!

Regards,
The Boutique Markets Team