make be love see taste subscribe

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Inside out - Not Sew Shabby




This week we're getting to know a bit more about Tara from Not Sew Shabby...
pop over here to visit her lovely blog and view some more of her gorgeous creations.


What are the 3 most important things you do to prepare for market day?

Make sure that I have an adequate amount of stock to make my stall look inviting,
enough change in my float and my daughters availability because without them I would still be setting up at 10am!

Where do you draw your inspiration from to be creative?

Inspiration for me starts with a piece of fabric. I have a certain fabric stash that I have not touched for two years and I wont touch until I have a vision on what I want to create with that piece. For me the fabric has to suit the style of dress, purse, or bag. I sometimes take up to an hour of mixing and matching before I can decide on a combination.




What do you like to do to relax?

I like to sit back with family and friends around the pool with a nice wine and cheese platter.

Tell us something other than your craft/work that you feel passionate about?

Being an advocate for Early Intervention for children with Autism.


Is this your full time job, if not what else do you do?

Unfortunately for me this is not my full time job just a mere magical dream waiting to come to fruition. I am however a Regional Manager for GoodStart Childcare centres and are proud to still be trading as ABC Learning. I have been in the Childcare industry for 22 years and am very passionate about early childhood education and quality care.



Where do you want to be with your business in the next 5 years?

I like what I am doing now attending markets and fetes and treating this as a hobby, I love getting out and meeting people and admiring others creative work. For me in the next 5 years I would just like to continue to build my reputation and my brand as a unique shopping experience within the market scene.

Tell us something interesting about yourself (not related to your business) that we never would have guessed.

I am a mother of four teenage children, yes four, call me crazy... I love to go camping and spend the entire time creating and experimenting with different meals and yummy treats in my camp oven. I love the great outdoors and just sitting and listening to the quietness of nature. Something which is a far cry from the home environment, which sometimes I feel like I'm on the Simpsons set.





Bookmark and Share




0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you, leave your thoughts here!

Regards,
The Boutique Markets Team